Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New House!

 Arcturus woke up and went outside. A taxi was already waiting for him. He rubbed his eyes and checked his watch. He had to be at work in about 2 hours but figured he could make get this move done before then.

He never really packed any bags, but he has everything that was in his house in his "family inventory". Even his toilet is part of his move like he disconnected it, and carried it outside leaving all the piping sticking out of the floor. The taxi driver asked, "You don't have any bags?" and Arcturus said, "No, but is it cool if I put my stove in the passenger seat?"

Arcturus can't look back at his house or he will be sad!
Hey, wait, this driver looks familiar. Oh yeah, it's the same carpool driver from Arcturus's carpooling days. The guy probably realized he was just driving Arcturus around anyway so why not get paid to do it. Arcturus leaned forward and said, "Can you drive a little faster, chief? I'd like to unpack at least one box before work." He sat back, muttered "Jesus" and noticed that Driver actually slowed down.

Look at how Arcturus is looking at the back of Driver's head. He's even got a little smirk. They both know they know each other but neither one will ever mention it. Arcturus wasn't going to give this guy a tip either. For various reasons.

This was the photo from when he first visited the house. A reminder
of how it looks from the outside.
Arcturus arrived, walked in, checked his watch, sighed, changed and walked back out.

I looked at his face as he came out to go to work and thought, "Oh, just get over it, man." I mean, yeah, it turned out 2 hours wasn't really enough time to move into a new house. Maybe you should have considered the length of time it would take for passive agressive Driver to get you there!

While he was away at work though, I fixed the house up, remodeled, and installed all his old furniture so he could just chill when he got home.


Out of all the furniture in the place, the sofa, bookshelf and countertops are just about the only things that didn't come from his old house. I even changed the garage into an enclosed glass porch area to put his old patio furniture in there.

When he got home, he looked at the new place with all his old furniture and teared up a little. I think he loved it.

"I'll never be sad here," he whispered
Off in the distance I heard someone yell, "Yeah, right!"
Daytime!
Nighttime!
He went to bed and during the night I installed a Katy Perry poster for him to enjoy upon waking up. He sure did seem pleased with it too. Even put his fist up to the screen so we could virtually fist-bump. Then he asked me to close my eyes so he could have "private time" with it. I was like, "You got it, bro."
"I'm gonna imagine that microphone is... something else."















5 comments:

  1. Oh god, where did that poster come from?! Love that he's pissed he couldn't move in before work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a free download on 'thesims3.com' cause there was a whole Katy Perry promoted expansion to the game earlier in the summer. I saw it and was like, "Helllll yeah Arcturus wants that."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny stuff BRAH. Why does Arcturus have a dresser covered in hearts????

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, it came with his last house and I never changed it... and then he apparently stole it (and everything else that came with his last house) to take to his new house.

    ReplyDelete