Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Let's try our hardest to understand Arcturus as a man...


 I forgot to talk about the specifics of Arcturus. Why does he act like an idiot? Why is he always on the verge of tears? Why is he scared of driving to work by himself? At least one of these questions will be answered in this post. Maybe two.

Every Sim has a different personality. You have to select their favorite type of music, color and food and also pick out 5 personality traits. The game calls this their "Simology" whereas I can't believe I just wrote that.

Arcturus is a "young adult" male who has a favorite color. (Let's not judge, y'know?) It's orange and he seriously loves it. He also likes spaghetti and indie music cause he's young and cool. Spaghetti is so hip right now that he often goes to 'spaghetti socials', probably.

Having favorites is odd though because I don't think they mean anything. For example, he gets just as full eating a plate of spaghetti as he does eating an old bowl of cereal that has been sitting around for three days and has stink fumes coming off it.


 "Sir!... Hey, guy!... Ahhh, nevermind."



 

Now, onto his 5 personality traits. These will actually effect how he lives his life:

BOOKWORM
Bookworm? NERD! He reads faster and writes higher quality novels. This is why he loves journalism so much... I'll assume. "Reads faster" doesn't mean bunk to me in the context of the game... and... what's this? He can finish his homework faster too!? Oh gee! All his little school buddies are gonna be so jealous!




FAMILY-ORIENTED
Family-Oriented means Arcturus can teach toddlers how to walk and talk faster than a normal human being could even possibly think about doing such a thing. That will come in handy when he has a kid. For now, going to the local daycare and teaching toddlers things on the playground would be frowned upon. I like the last bullet point though: "Expect your Sim to want to have kids...!" It's like they're saying, "Don't let it surprise you if your Sim wants a kid, alright?"



 "Hey kid, Psst... Can I teach you some stuff?"
ECO-FRIENDLY
Ohhh, so this is why he was so adamant about the carpooling. And since he loves his environment, he takes quick showers. When I found this out, I got rid of his tub. "Quick showers" must be faster than those 6 hour baths he was taking. He almost died from starvation one night cause he wouldn't get out of the tub. Also, he only eats organic. Yeah. I got a clue when he opened the fridge:

"Organic Stu Surprise". His fridge's name is Stu.

FRIENDLY
Friendly social interactions are accepted more often and he is a good listener. Sounds like a great guy. "Accepted more often" though? Why would a "friendly social interaction" not be accepted all the time?

CHARISMATIC
Make friends faster and gain the charisma skill more quickly. Very useful stuff. Now I'm glad I blindly picked this trait. Other Sims will never bore of his conversations? Even when he talks all night about his relationship with the color orange? Oh, sweet.






So, that wraps up who Arcturus is. I think it was important to learn all of this about him. Now when someone kicks his trashcan over or delivers his newspaper into a bush, we can all think, "Wait, what?... I know this guy... and he's multiple kinds of friendly!"



2 comments:

  1. Ha, great post. I need posts like this to actually even understand the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, multiple kinds of friendly! I am however, a bit jealous of the eco friendly trait....

    ReplyDelete