Tuesday, August 19, 2014

How A Man Comes Back To Life. 

When I first murdered Arcturus late last year as a loophole to achieving one of my personal goals for 2013 ("write 50 blog posts or until Arcturus dies"), I would've never guessed that he'd still be a ghost 8 months later. But the conditions of his return are, honestly, pretty demoralizing. I knew it was possible for Arcturus to become human again after his death but I didn't realize how complicated it was. Unfortunately, judging by how often I play this game, reviving him has the potential to take, uhhhh... (*checks calendar*) ...yeah, forever.

Technically, all Arcturus has to do is eat some Ambrosia and to make Ambrosia he will need two ingredients: deathfish and life fruit.

Finding a deathfish requires a fishing skill level of 10. Being able to grow a life fruit requires a gardening skill level of 10. Arcturus is at level 1 in both of these. They're not that easy to increase.

To kick off this journey, Arcturus went down to the blown-out industrial part of town to fish. Catching a deathfish wasn't even on his mind. You can't even find them anywhere outside of a graveyard lake. He just needed to learn how to fish first. So he spent a day just reeling in some tiny
pieces of garbage.



This photo might make it seem like he's catching a fish of significant size, but that's not true. His line leads somewhere else. That fish is jumping out of the water to laugh at him.

Fish: "I'm going to go tell this ghost he sucks."
*swims fast toward the surface, jumps out of the water*
Fish: "YOU SUCK, DUDE!"
*splashes back into water*
Friend: "Did you do it?"
Fish: "Yah. He looked sad."
Friend: "Damn... That's cool, dude. That's cool."

That night, Arcturus read a book about gardening in bed. He went outside and, by light of the moon, started planting some seeds he had in his pocket. I really won't let him waste a minute in this quest.




The next morning, there were already some plants. And a goddamn tree!

...hey, wait... maybe this won't take so long after all.

Meanwhile, Betty found Emily behind the house playing with that doll. How in the world did she get back there by herself?



I don't know how that doll got outside either but I couldn't get anyone to carry it back in. Which means that Emily is going to be spending a lot of time behind the house whenever she gets in the mood to do something with her time outside of the crib.

In other news, the Sims 4 character creator came out this past week. So, I decided to see what Arcturus would look like if he were in the new game:

The Sims 3.
The Sims 4.
Oh! He's handsome!

I gave him three traits: Good, Gloomy and Goofball. Seemed appropriate.

1 comment: