Monday, March 4, 2013

If There's Something Strange In Your Neighborhood...

It was time. Arcturus was making a lot of money and had over a hundred thousand saved from his work as a "star news anchor", but he was bored with being on television every night. (That's something I don't think about a lot; Arcturus is Riverview's Jim Gardner.) With all that cash in the bank, it was the perfect time to start from the bottom of a new career track.


He looked at the phone. This was going to be a difficult call to make. Hunter Cottoneye was not going to be pleased because giving 'two weeks notice' is not an option in this game. You quit one job and get another before the hour is up.


The phone call went really well. Arcturus was smiling and laughing while chatting. It was either an amicable split or Arcturus really wasn't on the phone with anyone. I was suspicious when he hung up, looked through the screen at me and nodded, "Yeah. I did it." Whatever though. Now, get to the computer and start looking for a fun new job! NOW! *whu-PSHHH!*

In this image, you see Arcturus searching Craigslist.

Some of the jobs in this game are very interactive. You can be an architectural designer and redesign your neighbors houses or a fireman and put out fires around town. I considered setting him up as a fireman but I was sure that would lead to a premature death. That's when I came across a perfect option: Ghost Hunter! Arcturus both hated and feared ghosts. What a great way to both conquer that fear and calm that hatred. He applied and was hired instantly... via email, I guess? I'm hoping this job will one day lead him to traveling around town and collecting spirits in traps. True Ghostbusting action. But for now, he has to start at the bottom: Tarot Card Reader. Yeah, I don't get it either, but you try to think up 10 tiers of promotions in a "Ghost Hunter" field of work.


A day after he took his new job, Arcturus got a call from the police station. The message was:
The case of the missing Golden Llama is getting ice cold and the local police could sure use your Sim's help. Only a psychic can dissect the scene of the crime to reveal the criminal mastermind.
Arcturus told them he would be right over. Can you imagine being so desperate in a criminal case that you contact a guy who was just hired as a tarot card reader the day before with no prior experience? Anyway, he went into his bedroom and came back out in his new work uniform. I took one look at him and just knew that this wasn't going to fly down at the station, but I let him walk out the door anyway.

Well, I didn't tell him to Jackson Pollock that outfit with neon green paint.
Once he got outside he put on his winter coat, covering up the April O'Neil jumpsuit. (That's a start.) He biked (boke?) to the police station and went inside. I don't know what happened in there, but I like to imagine he went to the front desk, told them he was there to solve a case using tarot cards and was met with THIS reaction.


Arcturus walked out a few hours later, pleasantly satisfied with his police work. I guess they caught the Golden Llama thief or something. The game never told me. It kinda glitched out and I had to force quit.

2 comments: