Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries
I wondered if there was a way to cure supernatural conditions if you didn't want your Sim to be involved with it. After some internet research, I discovered that it's totally within the realm of possibility. The process involved going to the local magic shop, buying the equivalent of the Hope Serum and giving it to the monster running around your house. Now, I didn't remember the exact steps from the time I looked it up to playing the game but I did know everything started at the magic shop. So, I sent Arcturus to Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries to see what he could turn up in the way of fairy wing elimination.![]() |
| That sign is supposed to look like that. It's in "Simlish" Uhh, DUH! |
The whole idea of Arcturus going behind Betty's back to find a way to get rid of her fairy wings feels dirty. Like, I can't put my finger on it, but if I dug deep enough, I'd find racism buried somewhere in that concept. I can find racism buried in almost any concept though. Anyway, I don't know who Aleister is, but he's not the guy running the store. The guy running the store was named Rainer Kowling. Rainer was a large goof with a chinstrap beard who was into magic. Oh boy.
When Arcturus stepped inside and saw only Rainer staring back at him from behind the counter, I imagined one of those Jaws-type dolly zooms on Arcturus' face. This was awkward. Arcturus walked around the store trying to act like he knew what he was doing there. He kept looking over his shoulder at Rainer who hadn't stopped staring yet. Arcturus would give a weak smile, slight upward nod and go back to cracking the covers on spell books that were lying around on the tables. "Gotta try that spell out," he said kinda to himself but just loud enough for Rainer to hear.
Arcturus walked up to the fireplace and stared at the painting over it. "Yep. Neat," he said. As he turned to Ranier for approval of his comment, he looked at the chair he was standing next to and, whoa!, when did that werewolf get here?
![]() |
| Boss. |
Gordon Leavitt, one of the few wolf people in town, stood up and started to dance to the store music. Arcturus joined in out of fear of getting mauled if he didn't follow Gordon's lead. Meanwhile, Rainer watched from behind the counter, nodding. This pleased him. People walked in, saw what was happening and just walked right back out.
What did Arcturus get himself into here?
The oddness of the situation finally got to Arcturus and he ran outside and into the corner of the store's backyard. Gordon stalked after him. Once they were face to face again, Arcturus pulled a stick out of his coat pocket (that's normal!) and threw it. Gordon chased it down and brought it back. Do wolves act like dogs? Whatever was going on between these two, it seemed that Arcturus was making a new friend. "I'll call you Gordie!" Arcturus laughed. "Don't," Gordon sighed. "Oh," Arcturus said.
They both went back inside and had a nice chat about things. Then, Gordon laid on the floor and Arcturus did whatever this is to him.:
![]() |
| Arcturus? Where's your other hand? |
Gordon was loving the experience. Rainer shouted at them from the counter, "Guys! Come on! Cut that out!" Arcturus snapped out of it and stopped. Gordon went into a rage and started scratching the hell out of a nearby cabinet. Rainer ran over, hit him with a broom and told him to leave. "Come back when you settle down, Gordie!"
![]() |
| "I wonder what he would look like as a human," Arcturus thought. |
As Arcturus waved goodbye to his new buddy, he noticed a giant book on a pedestal decorated with candles and remembered why he was here in the first place.
This was the infamous "Aleister's Alchemy Station". Hey, why was everything in this store named after Aleister? Well, he's a very mysterious sir, I know that much.
The alchemy station is used to build up your 'alchemy skill'. I think a higher skill allows you to start making spells of your own and might even lead to the ability to change supernatural characters into humans. Arcturus spent some time reading the giant book, messing around with the attached cauldron and scratching his head a lot. When he was definitely bored as fudge, he stopped. It would require so much work and research for Arcturus to develop this cure on his own, so I sent him to ask Ranier if there was something in stock. We were getting dangerously close to this whole trip being worth nothing.
Arcturus: "Do you have something that turns a fairy into a normal person?
Rainer: "Are you a fairy?"
Arcturus: "What!? No! I was just rubbing Gordon's stomach over there cause he's like a big dog. I dunno."
Rainer: *throat clear* "Are you a homophobe? You don't have any wings, man."
Arcturus: "Wait, but you asked... I... Yeah, alright, that one's on me, friend."
Anyway, Rainer didn't have the cure but he had heard of such a thing before. This was a consignment shop though and Rainer couldn't promise he would ever get some in. I thought about where to go from here and figured there was only one path Arcturus could take. He would have to invent the cure himself. I had Arcturus buy a ton of magical items from Rainer, including beeswax, wolfs bane flower and a "bottled mummy's curse". For Arcturus's final request: "Can I buy that alchemy station off of you? I might need it."








Think about where Arcturus started and where he is now...playing catch with werewolves, buying magical ingredients to alchemize a potion to turn his fairy girlfriend back into a human. Did not see this coming.
ReplyDelete