Thursday, January 3, 2013

Supernatural Life 

BMoC
The first day back from France started off well. Arcturus was promoted to the top of the Journalist career track and in doing so, fulfilled his "lifetime wish". While he was at work, I added a new room to his house. It would be his private study. I wanted to set the door so that it was locked to everyone but him, but you can only lock outside doors. He'll have to be careful about the things he puts in that room. I bought him a new chemistry set for him to do some science experiments and moved his Katy Perry poster in there too. This room was getting weird already!

There has to be a way to make that room more private.
"I'm doing these experiments for you, Katy!"
While he was experimenting, the full moon rose. All of the lighting took on a greenish hue and the lights inside the house became brighter. I wasn't a real fan of it, but that's how things roll in this game now. As if it were no big deal, a zombie rose out of the ground behind the house.

"BRAINS!"
"Just kidding. Talk to the hand!"
Arcturus went out to see what kind of trouble he could get into with this creature, but all he could do was ask it to pose in various positions. It wasn't very satisfying. I wished the zombie tried to eat his brains at least. The zombie stumbled off in another direction and Arcturus watched it for a while before turning to head back inside. It was cold out and Arcturus had put up with it long enough. The zombie tried to get Arcturus's attention by throwing a snowball at him, but Arcturus ignored it.


Out of the dark, around the corner of the house, another zombie stumbled into view. Arcturus just stared in disbelief and the first zombie took the pause in Arcturus' movement to get up in his face again. Neither of these zombies were a threat though. They weren't legally allowed to touch him. They scared Arcturus a few times while I waited for one of them fully attack him, but they never did, so Arcturus just walked past them and went to bed.


Moments after going to sleep, the fire alarm went off. The fire that Arcturus had lit for his Christmas nap about 20 days ago had finally had enough of its confines and jumped onto his coffee table. Thankfully there was a fire alarm in the kitchen which immediately alerted the proper authorities. Arcturus woke up and started to get all excited. He broke out a fire extinguisher to take care of things himself but when the flames reached his feet, he stopped trying to calm the inferno and instead ran around the room screaming until the fireman showed up. I sent him outside for a little but he came back inside almost immediately to look scared some more.


Smoke should really be pouring out of that chimney.
The fireman crashed through the door and, oddly enough, charged directly into the flames. He was actually engulfed at one point and I thought he was going to die. Personally, I wouldn't run directly through the fire I'm trying to put out, but I'm no professional.

"I'm here! Where's the fi- HOLY SHIT!"

"Little hot in here. My hair is fire now."
After the fire was put out and everything was alright, the fireman and Arcturus just kinda stared at each other. No words were spoken. They were having a moment, I think. Maybe they were both a little stunned that the fire caused absolutely no damage. It was as if it never happened. Maybe this was just a dream. I mean, Arcturus did just interact with a few zombies outside.


Out of nowhere, the firefighter let out an unholy scream. I thought he was going to turn into a monster which would have been extremely rad, but he stared at Arcturus a little longer afterwards and then left. Was the adrenaline wearing off and he was realizing that most of his skin had melted during that jog through the fire? Arcturus laughed a little to himself and went back to bed.



Laying in bed, missing the gaze of his Katy Perry poster, Arcturus thought about how he had just seen a man lose his mind. It was pretty cool. He had to remember to tell Betty about it. ...Hey, remember Betty!?

1 comment:

  1. Only in Arcturus's world would a zombie attack be the SECOND craziest thing to happen in one night.

    ReplyDelete