Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fall Actually Arrived!

Well, the leaves had to start changing at some point, right? Arcturus looked out the window and saw a leaf on his front lawn, so he went out to rake. About 99% of the leaves were still attached to the tree though. Hey, I know what that's like!


The pile was unrealistically large by the time he finished. Where did he find all those leaves? He went inside to get dressed for work and came up with a brilliant idea: set fire to the leaves instead of bagging them. A fine idea for an open field, maybe, but certainly not right next to a tree. Whatevs though. If his house burned down while he was at work, no big whoop.

The top of the pile touches the tree's leaves. Cool... Light it up!

At the sight of the flames, Arcturus paused and thought. Then, he pulled a full-sized rake out of his pocket and started to collect more leaves together. At the risk of being extremely late to work and losing his job, Arcturus decided it was worth it just to add some more leaves to the fire. I had to actually stop him and send him to work. The fire raged on while he was gone, but, amazingly, it only burned the leaves on the ground. The tree was untouched. I was actually a bit disappointed.


When Arcturus got home, Betty called and asked him on a date. He agreed and, despite there being a killer thunderstorm going on, got on his bike to go meet her. I followed behind him because I had no idea where they were meeting. He stopped at the gazebo in the center of Riverview and started to run to it. Was he late or something? Why run? He was already soaked from the ride over.



When he reached the gazebo, he just stood there. Looking around for Betty. There was music playing on the gazebo's stereo but she was nowhere to be found. Did Arcturus get the meeting place wrong? If he did, he made no effort to correct the mistake. He just sat in the dark and played chess by himself. I wish he wasn't so weird.

Is that the rain running down your face or tears?


No comments:

Post a Comment