Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Remember These People... 

Back when I started playing this game, the first character I created was a man named James Hauler. I stopped playing around the time James' great grandson, Joshua, had a 2nd daughter. That great grandson was named Joshua because I was pretty creatively bankrupt at that point.

After I started this blog with a new character in a new town, that whole history was abandoned. That is until I recently moved Joshua, his family, and the entire house I created for them to Riverview.

Arcturus first met Joshua and his wife, Akiko, when they crashed his "End of Summer" party. It was not a good first impression. Arcturus can only fit a limited number of people in his house at one time and the Hauler's presence meant that people like Trigger Broke and Robert Newbie couldn't come over.

Two days after the party, Arcturus said to Betty, "Let's go teach those Haulers about overstaying your welcome on an uninvited trip." Betty was already in the car.


Here is the Hauler household. I built it from my own mind. Very modern. Very... what's the word? oh yeah, "schway". I actually impressed myself when I saw the interior again. I forgot how great I had made it, despite the absolutely gigantic bathroom to the west. That's a pretty bad space that I never got back to fixing before I quit.


The younger daughter, Sayo, answered the door. Arcturus pushed his way in and sat down. Sayo didn't care that two strangers were invading her home and actually warmed up to Betty pretty quickly. They started to play tag. Betty was acting like this was her house... and her kid!


Thinking of ghosts. Just like her man.

The older Hauler daughter, Kenyatta, (side note: I can't believe I named these children) walked into the room and Arcturus jumped up to meet her. She was followed later by Akiko. The looks on her face told me that she really didn't like that Arcturus and Betty were in her house. Hmm. Funny that.

Awkward silence.
"How did he get in?"

Betty made herself dinner. Just a single plate.

Kenyatta finished her chat with Arcturus and started to play chess by herself. Lonely lady. Arcturus and Betty sat at the living room table with Sayo as she did her homework. Then, Joshua showed up. He was no doubt confused about what these people were doing in his home, but more confused about why they were behaving like it was theirs.


Arcturus got up and pushed past Joshua as he headed upstairs. It was getting late. Joshua just watched him go, still not understanding the whole joke.

"Goodnight, everyone."
"Did he just say, 'Goodnight'?"
Yes he did.
Arcturus fell asleep in Joshua's and Akiko's bed around midnight. When Kenyatta noticed, she called her dad into the room. They both just stared at the idiot. Arcturus had gone all in on this "uninvited revenge trip", but it wasn't even nearly over.

He's having a dream where Joshua apologizes for crashing his party.
At 1:00am, Betty came up to tell Arcturus she was going home. In her eyes, sleeping in the Hauler's bed was going too far. Even she had a line. She told Arcturus she would see him at home when he was ready to "stop being so weird."

At 2:00am, Arcturus woke up and yelled at Joshua about being hungry.


By 3:15am, he was having a meal with Kenyatta. The stink fumes coming from him nearly killed her.


At 4:20am, he sat down to read.



At 5:00am, Kenyatta told him he had to leave. "Fun's over, sir." Arcturus left the house but refused to leave the property. He started to read again outside the front door. Kenyatta turned off the porch lights. Arcturus strained his eyes.




He read for hours too. Until sometime around 9am. I thought he was ready to go home and finally leave this family alone, but then he took a call. It may have been Betty asking if he was for real.

9:15am: Taking that call.

10:00am: Dedicated to his plan.

11:00am: Remembering he's human.

1:00pm: The adventure ends. No lessons were learned on either side.

"Betty... Betty... I'm back. That was so cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment